Minimalist Wallet (Tan Color)
Experience the meaning of minimalist but functional with this custom, handmade men’s wallet! My use of thin but durable leather allows you to carry the daily essentials in your pocket without the heavy, bulkiness of many wallets.
Each step of crafting this wallet is done by hand – from the cutting of the leather, to the stamping of text and designs, to the dyeing and buffing of the finished piece. Crafting a handmade product allows me to constantly inspect each detail of the wallet throughout the crafting process so you can be assured you are purchasing the finest wallet around!
• Minimalist style wallet
• Essentially this wallet is a sleeve, making it extremely slim and comfortable to carry day to day
• Holds 6-8 cards (can hold 10 once broken in)
• Can hold bills that are folded into fourths
• Made to order
• Handmade in the USA
• Made using high quality, Full-Grain & Vegetable Tanned leather
• There are 40 characters of text included in the price of this wallet. If you would like text that is longer that 40 characters please email me for a price quote
CUSTOMIZE YOUR WALLET WITH A DESIGN OR IMAGE
• I can hand stamp almost any designs onto the wallet – a logo, symbol, graphic, etc. Please email for a price quote on those as well
PLACING A PERSONALIZED ORDER
• If you would like to personalize your wallet please specify in the “Order Notes” section during checkout exactly where you’d like your personalizations – on the front and in the middle, towards the bottom, inside right panel, etc.
• If you use quotation marks around the text you request, please specify whether or not you want the quotation marks on the product
• My turnaround time is 2-3 weeks
• If you need your order to be shipped sooner than 2-3 weeks you can purchase the Rush My Order! listing HERE. During checkout, please put in the notes section the date you need your order by
• 3.75″ x 2.75″
THE HANDMADE PROCESS
The process of crafting a handmade product begins with the roll of leather. Each roll of leather is inspected by myself and then brought back to my shop to be cut down to your wallet’s specifications. I then take the freshly cut pieces to my work table and lightly spray them with water. This allows the leather to become soft and impressionable for the text or design to be stamped into it. I use a leather stamping kit to stamp the leather, which allows me to apply one letter at a time to a stamping tool. After attaching the letter to the tool, I carefully align the tool and letter on the leather. I quickly tap the tool with a mallet, leaving the letter freshly imprinted into the leather. This process is repeated over and over until the full text is stamped. Hand stamping text into leather is not quick, but I love being able to customize your product with meaningful text!
After stamping any text and designs you have requested, the next process is to hand dye the leather. The dyeing process must be done in one sitting or the dye will look uneven which leaves some pieces darker or lighter than others. Once the individual pieces have been dyed I lay them out to dry. After the drying process is completed, a sealant is applied. Leather sealer helps protect the colors and keep them looking as bright as the moment they dried. The sealer also protects leather from wear and moisture (though keep in mind that doesn’t mean they are completely waterproof). This process also rubs off any excess dye to minimize any dye to clothing transfer.
Gluing the leather pieces together is the next step – this process is important because it ensures that the pieces don’t shift as they are being sewn. After sewing your wallet the very last steps to it being completed is to hand burnish the edges, making them smooth, and then hand buffing each product to leaving it with a little glow! Once those last steps are completed, your custom leather product is packaged up (with a little handwritten note!) and dropped off at the post office. Each order contains a Care Instruction card which explains how you can best take care of your product to ensure it will last you for years to come!
WHAT IS THE QUALITY OF YOUR LEATHER WALLET?
Now that you know how much love and care goes into making your wallet, click HERE to learn more about the quality of materials I use.